After last week you probably thought I was done with posts about tool chests but I have to leave you with these parting shots of my chest in its finished state. As I said before, I shouldn’t have painted it in the first place, however having done so here is the result. I was wanting a kind of traditional looking mat green so I started with Milk Paint’s Tavern Green thinking it would do the job, photos of which there are none. I finished up with Olympic Premium Interior Dark Sage and I’m absolutely satisfied with how it came out. My camera changed the color, it’s a little darker green than in these pictures. Though it looks great now word is that latex paint won’t hold up as well as milk paint. Only time will tell if this was the right choice.
Several weeks and more than 100 photos getting this built has been an investment of time and energy but one, I believe, will be well worth it. Having a place for all my tools, handy to where I’m working means a lot. Way better than how I started out with them shoved into a lower cabinet, out of sight and hard to reach. My future woodworking activities may be in question but locating my woodworking tools isn’t.